From the moment of arrival at One&Only Reethi Rah, accomplished via a 45-minute private yacht or a 15-minute seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, each guest is transported into a secluded world of elegance and luxury. Discreetly nestled on North Malé Atoll, one of the largest private islands in the Maldives, Reethi Rah, meaning “beautiful island” in the local language Dhivehi, certainly lives up to its name. Boasting 12 beaches and 6 kilometers of shoreline, the island is lush with the opportunity to explore both above and below the tranquil Indian Ocean.
One&Only Reethi Rah Review: Insights from our Sandals Travel Experts
Imagine being able to sunbathe by day and stargaze by night as you hover inches above the ocean in the comfort and privacy of your Water Villa’s suspended wrap-around hammock. Alternatively, land lovers can claim their own stretch of pristine beach along the water’s edge in one of Reethi Rah’s stylish Beach Villas, surrounded by natural island foliage. Ranked #1 on The Telegraph’s “Ultratravel Best Hotels in Africa & Indian Ocean”, this all-villa resort features a total of 122 private residences above water or on land, each offering an expansive view of both sea and sky.
One&Only Reethi Rah Review Insider Tips
Kids & Adults Activities
For families and couples alike, a world of excitement and exploration awaits guests of all ages just beyond verandas and villa boundaries. KidsOnly and One Tribe, complimentary programs hosted for kids ages 4-11, are designed with a variety of activities to entertain younger guests. Meanwhile, adults can utilize the resort’s state-of-the-art Fitness Centre, or perhaps indulge at the One&Only Spa, featuring over-the-water treatment suites, crystal steam rooms, and a range of vitality pools, including the island’s first WatSu pool. Additionally, the resort is home to a wealth of land and water activity, offering guests access to a PADI Gold Palm Dive Centre, tennis courts, a FIFA approved football field, rock climbing wall, wakeboard, and jet ski rentals, to name a few.
Afro Orient Atmosphere and Culinary
From rich silk and mahogany accents to glistening turquoise lagoons, each detail of Reethi Rah flourishes with a blend of cultural influence from the Afro Orient — and the food is no exception! Six modern restaurants offer guests a variety of innovative cuisine served with fresh ingredients and a global flair. French, Italian, Japanese, and Arabian options can all be found among Reethi Rah’s menu assortment, though our favorite restaurant is Botanica, an exceptional farm-to-table dining experience situated in the chef’s lavishly verdant garden.
Inside Look: One&Only Reethi Rah Resort
- All-villa resort featuring 122 private suites above water and on land
- 6 fine dining restaurants with innovative global cuisine
- 30m lap pool overlooking the Indian Ocean
- 2 main swimming pools, one for adults and one for kids
- One&Only Spa, featuring an extensive menu of holistic treatments and stunning therapy facilities
- Water activities, including jet-skiing, wakeboarding, and glass-bottom canoes
- PADI Gold Palm Dive Centre, offering underwater scooter rentals
- Land activities, including football field, rock climbing wall, and tennis courts
- One&Only Hair Salon for women; Barber&Blade by One&Only gentleman’s grooming salon
- Pedi:Mani:Cure Studio nail salon
- NEO Boutique, sophisticated variety of resort shopping
- State-of-the-art Fitness Centre with Kenisis and Technogym equipment
- Complimentary kids programs for ages 4-11
With a variety of venues ranging from intimate spaces to expansive beachfronts, Reethi Rah is the idyllic setting to host weddings or private events and can accommodate up to 350 guests. A vivid Maldivian paradise, this award-winning One&Only resort is an unrivaled destination for any traveler seeking seclusion or serenity. Contact our expert team of travel advisors to learn more about One&Only Reethi Rah or to start planning your next vacation at this world-class resort today.