As the premier property of the Sandals resort line, Montego Bay has been a favorite destination for Southern Travel Agency staff and the couples we service since its innovative beginning in 1981. Today, vacationers at the venue where Sandals pioneered and evolved the concept for their world-renowned all-inclusive resorts can easily see why the company continues to lead the luxury travel industry.
Sandals Montego Bay Review: Insights from our Sandals Travel Experts
At the Sandals Montego Bay, every detail has been designed with couples in mind. From its tranquil setting on Jamaica’s longest private beach to the lively resort atmosphere, facilitated by energetic staff and fresh entertainment options, this all inclusive resort has mastered balancing couples’ needs for enjoying one another’s undisturbed company and engaging in stimulating social activities.
On our most recent holiday, we were notably impressed by a number of recent updates, completed in 2018 and solidifying Montego Bay’s stance as Jamaica’s leading resort property, according to the World Travel Awards.
- brand new luxury swim-up suites,
- an over-the-water wedding chapel featuring 360º views and a glass floor aisle,
- Latitudesº Over Water Bar, and
- two new restaurant concepts: Butch’s Steak & Seafood, and the Soy Sushi Bar.
Each restaurant at the Montego Bay has a unique, internationally-themed cuisine. Our personal favorite was Café de Paris, a French-inspired pastry shop with a mouthwatering selection of sweet and savory treats. The Jerk Shack is also a must-try, featuring a menu full of authentic Jamaican spice!
Inside Look: Sandals Montego Bay Deluxe
- Unlimited dining at 12 gourmet restaurants featuring globally inspired, 5-star cuisine
- 6 full-service bars, including the brand new Latitudesº Over Water Bar
- 4 pools, one complete with swim-up bar
- Private beach with security patrol
- Over-the-water wedding chapel with stunning glass floor aisle
- On-site photographers to capture precious moments
- State-of-the-art Fitness Centers and classes
- PADI-Certified scuba diving and equipment
- Unlimited land and water sports with professional instruction
- Nightly entertainment including themed parties and live bands
- Free round-trip airport transfers
- Free resort shuttle between neighboring Sandals
- Free WiFi throughout all rooms and common areas
- (Optional) Red Lane® Spa services including a yoga/pilates studio, steam room, and salon treatments
- (Optional) Island Routes luxury excursions, such as swimming with the dolphins and deep sea sport fishing, accompanied by local guides
- (Optional) Personal Butler Service, trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers to provide exceptional service and anticipate your every need
Sandals Montego Bay Resort Insider Tips
Extra Touch of Romance
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just enjoying quality time with your partner, bring an extra touch of romance to your retreat by reserving a candlelight dinner under the stars or booking a couple’s massage at the Red Lane® Spa.
One major bonus of choosing the Montego Bay for your vacation is its truly unlimited nature. On top of the wide variety of restaurants and recreation available on-site, guests can also access the amenities of two additional nearby Sandals resorts: the Sandals Inn and Sandals Royal Caribbean. A free resort shuttle makes transportation between locations effortless, allowing couples to enjoy a grand total of 23 restaurants, 13 bars, and 12 pools throughout their stay.
Whether you’re planning a dream vacation, destination wedding, anniversary, or honeymoon, Sandals Montego Bay caters to couples as one of the most romantic resorts in the world. Contact our Sandals expert team of romance travel planners for exclusive deals and insider knowledge — from designing your big day to planning your next Sandals getaway, we’re here to help!